Wow! I know that for a new believer in Christ, Satan is bound to start attacking. For some reason I never thought it would be on a 5 year old girl. Let me assure you, Satan does not care about age. He is out to mess things up. Kayla has always been such a delightful, obedient girl. Perfect? Of course not. But she really wants to please people. Over the last few days we have really noticed some changes in her. One night I asked her to put her paper and stickers on her desk because it was bedtime. She came back quickly so I asked if she put them on the desk or on the floor (she's getting into a bad habit of leaving messes in the middle of the floor). She said that she put it on her desk. Later that night while I was rocking Brooke I saw the papers and stickers under Brooke's bed. So the next day we had a long discussion about obedience. Moving on to yesterday. She came inside and asked if she and Macy could play in the water. I told her no because we were leaving for dance and soccer soon and I didn't want them to get wet. We decided that they could have a water day this week when we didn't have somewhere to go that night. She was good with that. So 10 minutes later I hear screaming outside. They were fighting over a paintbrush that I let them use when playing with the water. Kayla is down to her underwear and Macy had taken her shorts off. Yep, they were playing in the water. So they both came in and Kayla spent some time in time-out for disobeying. I then told her that she would have to wear her clothes to soccer and she said they were too wet. Too bad, you disobeyed and now you have to wear wet clothes. (For the record they were barely damp and had dried out before she had to put them on.) This time I gave her a punishment as well. Moving on to today. All was great after coming home from Timothy. Macy was napping, Brooke was napping, and Kayla was watching a movie. She goes upstairs to use the restroom and a few minutes later I hear screaming. Up I go to find every light on upstairs. In their room Kayla had turned the overhead light on, the lamp, opened the closet door and turned that light on, and was in the process of propping open their blackout shades to let light in. Macy is standing in the closet doorway turning the light off crying and saying, "I want to go nite-nite." Well Miss Kayla decided that she wanted to play in their room so she just went in, turned everything on, and woke Macy up. Seriously? She know that if someone is sleeping she is not allowed to go into the room. Last night I just couldn't figure out what was going on with her. These things were so unlike her and then I realized it was spiritual warfare. How in the world do you try to explain that to a 5 year old?? After they were asleep Marc and I went in there and prayed over her with this. There is a battle raging that she can't possibly understand, yet it fully involves her. How tough is that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment