Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Easter Blessing

Today was an incredible day. Kayla asked Jesus to come into her heart. It was such a sweet time. For a while I have been praying for God to guide me in talking with her so that I wouldn't push her and that I would have the right words to say. I have felt for a long time that she has the knowledge she needed, but we hadn't said anything about needing to pray to ask Jesus into your heart. Yesterday at Cubbies I brought my Resurrection Eggs and went through them with our class. We had been doing them one a night leading up to Easter, but since we teach her class she was able to get through all of them. Then we took the class to "Walk Where Jesus Walked" where the kids experienced the way things were during Jesus' day. Our friend Tracy talked to the children about Good Friday through the Resurrection. It was a great experience. I wanted to ask her if she had any questions about anything she saw yesterday, but Wednesday nights are so crazy once we get home. Today I felt the Lord telling me to ask her so we sat down and talked. At first she said no, but then we got into a discussion about going to heaven. In her little mind only "bad people" don't go to heaven, but I explained that some good people also won't go to heaven because they do not believe in Jesus or they didn't believe that Jesus was the Son of God who died for our sins. I told her about how we need to pray and tell Jesus that we know He is God's Son and that he came to earth to die for our sins. A few minutes later she said that she wanted to say that prayer. My heart was so thrilled, but I wanted to make sure this was from her and not because "mommy told me to do this." After some more talking about what it means and how by praying to ask Jesus into her heart we are to live each day striving to be like Him. I called Marc and put him on speakerphone and she prayed in her own words what she wanted to say to Him. It was so precious. We then spent some time reading in the Bible about what she just did, what it means, and what God expects of her. She has been on cloud nine all afternoon. She is so happy and can't stop smiling. That's like confirmation to me that she understands what she did and how important that decision was in her life.

Thank you Jesus for such a special little girl. Thank you for the opportunity to raise her. Thank you for calling her to Your saving grace. I pray that You would direct us in guiding her in Your ways and teaching her how to live for you. May she be a light that shines Your love to others. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. By-the-way, I got so excited about this that I forgot to say how excited I was! Until I remembered!

    Praise Him!

    ReplyDelete