Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rough Morning Turned into Great Afternoon

The morning started off a little rough. Brooke was up more than I would have liked last night. Marc left at the ridiculous hour of 4:00 for work because he couldn't go back to sleep after she woke up to eat. And if I had to take a guess, he'll stay there until at least 4:00 this afternoon. After Macy got up (too early for my preference) I tried to take a nap on the couch. I think I got a couple of 15 minute naps before the fussing between sisters started. I had plans of going to Target. I really wanted to get out of the house and there were a few things we needed to get for Kayla including an SD card for the new camera she got for her birthday. Kayla hates running errands, so I try to keep it as painless as possible. She's such a home-body. In preparation for our excursion, and because I'm on a strict time line with Brooke, I had everyone's clothes laid out last night, bags were packed, and list was made. Kayla was excited because she would get to take more pictures and we could get some juice. We ran out of apple juice yesterday and you'd think it was the end of the world at times. Well Kayla decided to start complaining again about having to leave. I reminded her what we were going to get and she wanted to get it, but she didn't want to go to the bathroom and get dressed. Finally she went to the bathroom and on the way to get dressed started whining again about having to leave. So instead of reminding her for the 17th time that we were getting things for her as well I told her never mind, we weren't leaving. There would be no Target trip, no icee, no SD card, no juice, and no new shirts to replace the ones that are getting too short. Oh the drama that followed. She was so upset about not going. Seriously? I thought she didn't want to go. It ended up being a good consequence for her decision to complain. After we got through the morning whinyness (Macy had her fair share too) the day has turned out beautiful. Brooke has been napping like a champ and in her bed no less! The girls played outside and had a picnic lunch. Brooke sat happily in Bumbo while I prepped some green beans for dinner. I managed to make 3 doctors appointments for the girls' check-ups. And to top it off my mom made us some of the most delicious shrimp stuffed potatoes for me to heat up for dinner tonight. YUM! Right now the 2 little ones are sleeping and Kayla is watching Max and Ruby. I still have no idea what the girls see in that show, and the educational value is about a 1.5 on a scale of 10, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment