Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kayla's 5th Birthday Party

Kayla's birthday party was yesterday, and she wanted a princess party. She was so excited all day long and helped get everything cleaned up and ready for the party. She even woke up, picked out her own clothes, got dressed (most days she'd rather stay in her pajamas) and made her bed so "my friends can see my clean room." We rarely make her bed during the week. It's just something I don't usually do. I don't know why because I love the way it makes a room look and it's not a lot of trouble to do it. It's probably because when we get up and come downstairs we don't go back up very often so I don't think about it. I know I should, but I don't. I remember growing up my mom made us make the bed so at night I'd pull a corner of the covers down, sleep really still at night, and then pull that corner back up in the morning. (I know that is totally random, but in 5 years I want to remember Kayla's excitement for the day.)

She worked hard punching out the decorations and setting the table.

I think the reason she wanted a princess party was because she saw this cake and loved it.


The girls came dressed up. We had one more princess come, but I didn't think they'd stay dressed up much longer. We set the office up for dressing up, but since Kayla and Macy had spent a good part of the afternoon playing with everything we had brought downstairs they were tired of it. Macy and Ella did end up going back in and trying on a few things.


Oh I could eat this boy up!

Poor Macy didn't quite understand that all of the presents were for Kayla. Grammie did bring something for Macy and Brooke, so that helped. Thankfully she got over it quickly.
The lighting on this picture is terrible, but it's the best I got. (hint, hint Bekah if you got something better) The 3 guys pulled the girls around the yard on the sled. They LOVED it and the air was filled with the squeals that only little girls can make.

Kayla had a wonderful party and we are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends to share in these special times.

No comments:

Post a Comment