Monday, April 12, 2010

Girl Time!

When Kayla turned three I took her to the nail salon for the first time to get her nails painted. They put little flower stickers on her thumbs and big toes and she loved it. I decided getting her nails done would be a birthday tradition. Of course she is my girly girl and loves having her nails done. Last summer my mom took Kayla with her several times when she went for a pedicure and the place she goes to paints little flowers on their nails. You pay a few more dollars, but it's super cute.


In the car a few days ago Kayla said she wanted her nails painted so I reminded her that we would go for her birthday. Well immediately Macy starts talking (ok, more like whining) about wanting her nails done too. I was going to wait until her 3rd birthday in a few weeks and take her. I have this crazy obsession with trying to keep things "even" with the girls. What I did for Kayla I had to do for Macy and now I will have to keep it up with Brooke. Yes, I know that this is sometimes crazy and unrealistic, but that's Type A personality for you. So anyway, I asked Kayla if she wanted to go by herself to get her nails done or let Macy go and get hers done to. Of course I added that when Macy's birthday comes around she could go with Macy and get hers done again. Type A - I know. Well she ain't (yes, type A's can still say "ain't") no dummy because if Macy went with her then she'd get to have her nails done again in a few weeks. Oh wait, I'm sure that never crossed her mind. She was just thinking of her little sister. :)

Macy was so excited although you can't tell in the pictures. I even have a few more that look like she's being forced against her will to have her nails painted.


She loved them so much that she picked one of the flowers off that same night. Oh well! At least the other 3 have survived the past 48 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment