Friday, May 31, 2019

Vacation Day 7: Hershey, PA

Our final leg of the trip was in Hershey, Pennsylvania.  We started the morning at a cute crepe shop for breakfast.  The girls are now hooked on crepes. We shared a ham/cheese crepe, a strawberry cheesecake one, and a strawberry nutella one. 

Hershey World was such a fun day!


We took a trolley tour of the city and learned the history of Hershey and its founder, Milton Hershey.  What Hershey did for this city and for children is pretty amazing.  I left with a greater appreciation for this chocolate company. 

Who knew cacao juice was a thing.  It was okay.  Nothing great that I would purchase again, but we can all say we've tried it. 

We ended our day at Hershey World making our own chocolate bars.  I was hoping I could put something like peanut butter or caramel in my bar, but the kids were super excited to watch their bar being filled and coated with chocolate.  The filling options were crispy cereal, toffee, cocoa nibs, chocolate chips, and pretzels. Sprinkles could be added on top as well. 




Such a fun and yummy day of chocolate.  We left with a bag of overpriced candy, a few souvenirs, and a bunch of free pieces of candy from each of the experiences we had there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment