Our final day took us to the Bible Museum. We were all so excited for this stop, and we didn't plan anything else for the day, so we had plenty of time to explore.
A stone from the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.
The collection of Bible here was incredible.
Kids of all ages enjoy catapulting stones at Goliath.
Strong like Samson!
This next exhibit caught me totally off guard. This was a slave Bible, and I had never heard of this before. Huge portions were taken out of God's word so that the slaves would not know that there was freedom from slavery. Anything that referenced freedom was taken out. Anything that referenced slaves obeying their masters was left in. I had no idea, and this rocked my world a bit. It just blew my mind that this was a common Bible for the time period. It puts even more perspective into history.
It has been a BUSY week with so much walking. This girl was tuckered out and took a little nap on our way to Pennsylvania. The traffic from DC to Baltimore was insane, but thankfully the last half of the trip was a quick ride.
As we were driving through Pennsylvania I started to see some signs for Gettysburg. We made a last minute decision to pull off and check it out. The Visitor's Center was already closed for the day, but the park was still open to walk around. I'm glad we made the stop.













No comments:
Post a Comment