Sunday, May 26, 2019

Vacation Day 2: Jamestown, VA

The last time we made the trip to Williamsburg we didn't have time to visit Jamestown.  I definitely wanted to visit this time, and the girls really enjoyed this stop! We arrived first thing in the morning and opted to hit the outdoor exhibits before it got too hot.  We had the entire Jamestown "city" to ourselves, and only encountered a few groups as we visited the ship and Indian settlement.




The church building.  Colonists were expected to attend services daily.  This is where they would get their rations for the day.  If you didn't show up to church you didn't eat. 


A replica of the Susan Constant which brought the settlers to Jamestown.  It was much smaller than I had expected, but it was really interesting to walk around on it. 

Sleeping bunk.


Powhatan Indian settlement

Grinding corn.


The exhibits were fabulous (and air-conditioned), and this adventure was definitely a family 
favorite on this trip.  

Cutest little settlers I ever did see.

No comments:

Post a Comment