Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer Hobbies

We've been enjoying our last few weeks of summer. Many of our friends' kids started school today, but we still have 2 weeks. We're trying to squeeze in all kinds of fun things. The most exciting thing is that Kayla has started swimming! It happened all of a sudden. She can go about 10 feet before needing to come up for air, but for a child who hated to get her face wet a few months ago this is amazing! She swims one handed because she has to hold her nose. I bought her a snorkeling set so she would have a mask that covered her nose too, but she doesn't even like the few drops that remain in the mask, so she's still swimming one handed for now.

The girls really enjoyed dance camp. This was Macy's first time dancing and it is so cute when she shows us the things that she learned. She is so excited about starting classes next week.

I have been on a mad dash to get caught up with my scrapbooks. I pulled everything down to the dining room table and gave myself a 2 1/2 week time frame to get caught up with our vacation album, as well as Kayla and Macy's albums that needed to have 8 months of pictures put in them. I'm happy to say that I only have 1 small vacation to put in our album (the Disney pictures took up TONS of time), 1 more page of Kayla's album, and about 3 more pages in Macy's album. This is HUGE. I should have all of my pictures in there this week and all I'll have to go back and do is some journaling. In the process of me getting these done Kayla has taken an interest in scrapbooking. I let her have the extra pictures that I didn't end up from Disney World and she has had SO much fun making her own scrapbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment