Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Visit With Family

Marc had a business trip to Charlotte, NC and we were able to join him. It was a great little get-away for all of us. On Sunday we drove a couple of hours to see my aunt and uncle and had a great day with them. We started off going to the same gardens that our engagement pictures and my bridal pictures were taken. My uncle is a professional photographer so we are always ready for a photo shoot. As soon as we arrived we headed out, which was probably not the best time of the day with the heat and sunshine. Brooke was pretty tired too so that didn't help things. We did get several great shots. We were sent home with over 100 pictures on a disk and these are the raw images. Once I pick my favorites he'll work some more magic on them.

This was probably the best we got of Brooke.

When we arrived at the gardens one of the grounds keepers told us that he killed a copperhead snake earlier in the day. That was a little unnerving, but I moved on. It's a large garden and snake bites always happen to someone else. Later when heading to the bench above my uncle told us not to tip-toe because he saw a black snake just a few minutes earlier. Of course I did more than not tip-toe - I stomped. I told the girls to act like dinosaurs. When crossing over these bridges we stomped some more. I don't think I really allowed myself to think about it. I know you aren't supposed to kill a black snake because they can be helpful, but it's still a snake and it will bite. Only after we were gone did Marc inform me that POISONOUS copperheads can swim. I knew that, but I think God closed my mind to that fact. I probably would have freaked out and scared the girls. And I wouldn't have some great pictures. Of course if something had happened I'm not sure I would have ever forgiven myself.

I was able to let go of my type-A personality for a while. I let them play in the fountain in their Easter dresses. I figured the bottom might get a little wet. Well immediately I saw it would be a couple inches of Macy's dress. Kayla is obviously my daughter because she was very unsure about it when Marc put her in. She held her dress up and I had to convince her it was okay to let it go. Then I walked away to get Brooke out of the sun. Next thing I know they were soaked, and having a ball I might add. There was only one choice for me at this point. Enjoy every moment of them playing and forget about the dresses. It's not like they were playing in the mud.




No comments:

Post a Comment