Sunday, May 23, 2010

Disney Day 2: Magic Kingdom

We started our first full day of Disney World with a character breakfast at the Contemporary Resort. The girls got to ride the monorail for the first time and loved it. For anyone taking small children to Disney World I highly recommend staying at a hotel on the monorail line. It's more expensive but we were able to just roll the stroller on and off, didn't have to take a bus or tram, and the wait was no more than 5 minutes.

Our first character meal was a breakfast buffet at Chef Mickey's. This trip was part of the girls' birthday presents and they had a special celebration song and dance for about 5 children in our area of the restaurant that were celebrating birthdays as well. Kayla and Macy were really excited to get their cupcakes although Macy only ate the sprinkles and chocolate Mickey and Kayla ate the icing.
Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald Duck, and Pluto come around to each table to sign autograph books and have pictures taken. They LOVED this and hardly ate anything. Good thing we didn't have to pay for Macy since she was still 2 years old.


After breakfast we headed to the Magic Kingdom. The first ride we went on was "It's a Small World" followed shortly by the teacup ride. This one became a favorite and we had to ride it again later in the week.

Poor Macy was so tired since we didn't head back for a nap that day. She fell asleep in my arms while waiting to ride Dumbo. After a while I had to pass her off. She's getting so big and it was HOT out there. We woke her up just in time to ride. Must be nice to sleep through the waiting in line.

Kayla has really started this head-tilt posing for pictures. This was taken at Minnie's house.


We went back to the hotel for dinner and walking around the "beach." I say "beach" lightly because I'm from Florida and a man made lake with dumped sand on the edges is not a beach in my book. In the eyes of the girls it was wonderful. Sand. That's all they want anyway.

Marc wanted to get a picture of me and the girls. This turned out pretty good, but we were missing Macy.

Oh there she is. Making sand angels or something. I didn't even cringe at the thought of all of that sand in her clothes and hair. I'm proud of myself for that one. Quite an accomplishment for me if I do say so myself.


It was a wonderful, fun-filled day. My mom came with us and I have no idea how we would have managed 3 young children, a big stroller, a diaper bag, cooler, and all the other stuff that comes along with being out and about with 3 small children. We're thankful that she was willing to join us on this adventure. Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

  1. That last picture made me cry. (not that you're surprised by that) But they're getting so big and they are so sweet holding hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! That picture with you carrying Brooke and Kayla is adorable. Looks like a lot of working taking 3 to Disney! Even with your mom to help! I am impressed that you braved it with Brooke!

    ReplyDelete