And so it begins. Another child, another adventure in potty training. We thought we'd give it a try since Marc was off the rest of this week. If it works, great. If not, we'll wait until the spring. Going into this we both figured she'd either do great since she has a big sister or she would completely rebel. We didn't think there would be anything in between.
Yesterday I took Macy to the store to pick out her new underwear (Tinkerbell, Dora, and Minnie Mouse) and her treat of choice (skittles and peanut M&M's). Because I worked this morning we started after her nap. For the first 2 1/2 hours I was sure this would fail. It didn't help that I wasn't feeling well. She fussed every time we put her on the potty and refused to go. By dinner time I was sure she would end up with a UTI or something. FINALLY she went and of course we all made a huge deal out of it. She was so proud of herself. She got her 2 skittles and Kayla had a basket of little stuffed animals for her to pick 2 of them. We just kept setting the timer for 20 minutes. After that first time she finally got it. We can see the concentration on her face and she has been going every time we put her on there. We had 3 little tiny accidents, but that's all. Kayla has been such a HUGE encourager and has not once asked if she can have some candy too. I'm so proud of how well she is doing in helping teach Macy how to use the potty. Hopefully by the end of the weekend we won't be so paranoid and reminding her to stay dry every 3.2 minutes!
Yesterday I took Macy to the store to pick out her new underwear (Tinkerbell, Dora, and Minnie Mouse) and her treat of choice (skittles and peanut M&M's). Because I worked this morning we started after her nap. For the first 2 1/2 hours I was sure this would fail. It didn't help that I wasn't feeling well. She fussed every time we put her on the potty and refused to go. By dinner time I was sure she would end up with a UTI or something. FINALLY she went and of course we all made a huge deal out of it. She was so proud of herself. She got her 2 skittles and Kayla had a basket of little stuffed animals for her to pick 2 of them. We just kept setting the timer for 20 minutes. After that first time she finally got it. We can see the concentration on her face and she has been going every time we put her on there. We had 3 little tiny accidents, but that's all. Kayla has been such a HUGE encourager and has not once asked if she can have some candy too. I'm so proud of how well she is doing in helping teach Macy how to use the potty. Hopefully by the end of the weekend we won't be so paranoid and reminding her to stay dry every 3.2 minutes!

That is awesome! Can you come train Landon?! .... Pleeeaase!? Pretty Please?!
ReplyDelete