Last Saturday was my birthday and probably the last one I'll count. Several weeks ago Marc mentioned that I would be halfway to 70 this year. I think he knows now that he probably shouldn't have said that. At least I can mess with him about it. But because starting next year I'll be over the hump towards 70 I think I'll just quit counting and stay 35 forever. I think I can live with that.
When asked what I wanted to do for my birthday I said nothing. No really, nothing. I have been so busy with school stuff that I wanted a day to do nothing. I didn't want to have to think about taking the dog out, cleaning up her messes, or "saving" the girls from when her puppy biting turns a bit too aggressive. So I was greeted Saturday morning with breakfast in bed. I took it easy and then went and had my nails done. After a yummy salad Marc made at my request I was lazy until we left to stop by the outlets (without kids complaining) and then to Pappasitos for dinner. I was very much looking forward to my fajitas for dinner. My mom was out of town so we were going to do my family birthday dinner later. I thought it was going to be just the 5 of us for dinner, but Marc surprised me by inviting our dearest friends to join us. It was truly a great day of doing "nothing."


No comments:
Post a Comment