Our amazing trip came to a close early Wednesday morning. We made our way through the Rome airport and boarded the plane for our 10 1/2 hour flight home. It was only 9 hours to fly out there, and I thought that was a long night! While I wasn't able to sleep on the way to Italy, it was an overnight flight so I did relax and rest. The time went by faster. Thankfully I did manage a 2 hour nap on the way back.
Anyway, I'm not usually one for taking pictures outside of the airplane window. Nothing wrong with that, it's just usually clouds and if I have one cloud picture I have them all. When I did take a peek outside I saw the beautiful Italian coastline. Snap a few pictures. Okay, good. Back to the movie.
A little while later I decided to take another peek. This time we were nearing the mountains.Okay, snap a picture. Done.
One more peek let me see these beautiful Alps. The only other time I was in such awe from the plane was when we were flying over the Grand Canyon many years ago. I remember looking out the window when someone said we were passing over the canyon. Honestly I wasn't that impressed. A little while later I realized that the other passenger was incorrect. That "little" canyon was nothing compared to the Grand Canyon. I was so amazed at the vastness of it that I couldn't even begin to comprehend what it would look like from the ground. The same thing for the Alps. I know I have flown over the Rocky Mountains at least once, but it was dark outside.
God is truly a God of wonders. His creativity is the design of our world is beyond comprehension. I love traveling and I'm thankful that Marc does too. The girls enjoy it as well and I know once they are better able to appreciate the beauty of our world we will enjoy some fantastic travels.
I am so thankful for this opportunity to visit Rome. Three weeks before we left the trip wasn't even on our radar. When the business trip popped up for Marc he didn't even hesitate to give up his first class ticket so that the company would pay for both of us to fly over there. Well, as far as I know he didn't hesitate. :) A trip to Italy has always been on my "bucket list", and while I would love to go back and explore other cities, I am so thankful for the time we were able to spend over there.








No comments:
Post a Comment