This year was a big "First Day of School" for our family. Kayla is in 4th grade and Macy is in 2nd. But the biggest change is I have also gone back to teaching for a few hours at their school and Brooke is in the preschool! Everyone was excited for school to start, but especially Brooke. She's been counting down the days all summer.
I'm excited to be back in the classroom. I LOVE being at home with my girls, I LOVE homeschooling them, and I LOVE the school we are a part of. I wasn't planning on going back into the classroom until Brooke was in school, but the Lord made it clear that He had a position for me there this year. I am teaching 3rd grade language arts and history 2 afternoons a week. I love the Lord's sense of humor. When I left the public school system American History and math were my favorite things to teach. When I started teaching at the Timothy Ministry He provided me a position teaching science. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but I grew to absolutely love it. So coming into King's a math/science position would have been perfect. Instead He gave me language arts and ancient history. While it wouldn't have been my ideal choice, I know that He will develop a love for these subjects in me as He has done in the past. This summer has been a ton of work. I have come home from work exhausted. I barely have time to teach everything I need to. I have lost my days to run errands and hang out with my baby, but I know that I am exactly where He wants me to be and there is great comfort in that. While I would love to have my lazy Mondays and Wednesdays while the older two are in school, I am so thankful for the Lord's guidance and provision for our family.










No comments:
Post a Comment