A few weeks ago Kayla decided that she was ready to get her ears pierced. This was right before Marc and I left to go out of town so we told her she would have to wait. When we returned she mentioned it again so I told her we could go the next day, Saturday. Her response was, "umm, how about Wednesday." Guess she had a few more feelings to work through before actually going. :) We decided that we'd take her on Friday.
There is no other place I would take her for ear piercing than to the jewelry store I worked in for many years. They have changed names and moved locations, but David Douglas Jewelry holds a special place in my heart. As it turns out my former boss was there and able to pierce her ears. We did quite a bit of ear piercing at the store when I worked for Doug. And when I say "we" I mean the store. Not me. I pretty much said from day 1 that I would not be doing any piercing. I was great with giving customers the information and preparing their ears for the piercing, but there was no way I could bring myself to click that gun. It really was never a problem. There was usually always someone there to do the piercing. For some reason Doug had forgotten this and tried to get me to pierce Kayla's ears myself. He was shocked when I told him I had never pierced any ears and didn't plan on starting. I guess he couldn't believe I had worked for him for 6+ years and gotten out of that job.
Kayla did such a great job. She held it together so well after the first ear. I was quite impressed.
And after the second ear she buried her face into me and shed a few tears. I was so proud of that girl. She is doing such a great job taking care of them and she is counting down the days until she can change the earrings out.





No comments:
Post a Comment