Last weekend Marc and I were blessed to join some of our friends from church at a marriage retreat in Rome, GA. The retreat was located on the Berry College campus, and resembles the architecture of Normandy, France. It used to be a dairy farm, but it has been wonderfully remodeled. I remembered the Berry campus being nice, but I had forgotten how beautiful it was - the architecture, the grounds, everything. We had a nice weekend with no television, no internet, and very little phone use. Delicious meals were prepared for us AND cleaned up for us. We had several sessions that taught us new things and we had lots of free time to enjoy being together. We took a long walk and a long nap Saturday afternoon. Haven't done that in a while, but the nasty weather was perfect for curling up with a good book and sleeping. I am thankful that my mom kept all three girls for two nights so we could enjoy this get-away. It was the first time we left Brooke overnight and she did great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment