I am officially married to a doctor! I never thought I'd marry a doctor, but here I am. Marc passed his dissertation defense with flying colors and he is DONE. I assumed he wasn't officially a doctor until graduation, but his advisor sent him an email calling him Dr. Dutton, so that's enough for me. He has worked on his PhD for 5 years. Add to that the 3 years he worked on his masters and that means 8 out of the 10 years we have been married he has been in school. No more I say! I know it will take a few days weeks for him to adjust to not thinking about all that electrical stuff, but that will be nothing in comparison to the time he has spent over the last 5 years (and especially last 9 months or so) working on it.
Marc, I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished academically. How you have managed to complete your dissertation with as little disruption to our lives as you did is beyond me. I am thankful for you every day. And please promise me - no more school. Okay? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment