Well, we just got back from the dentist. This was Kayla's first REAL trip. She was checked out at our dentist 6 months ago (just looking and counting teeth), but today was the full deal. We took her to a children's dentist and it was a really cool looking place. They took an x-ray, cleaned, tried to floss, did a fluoride treatment, and then the dentist took a look at her teeth. How did it go you ask? Let me just say this: hog-tie. That's how we managed to get through it. The x-ray was first. She sat on my lap and was a little tense, but it was quick and painless. OK, onto the cleaning. I was asked to hold her again because she was pretty tense. Let's just say that they tried to see if there was a chair available in a room with a door because they thought she might scare the other kids. Thankfully all of the kids that were there were older and knew what was going on. I had to wrap my legs around hers to keep her from kicking, hold her arms down, another lady helped hold her head, and the hygienist tried to pry her mouth open. We finally got that done and she tried to floss. I told her to forget it and I'll do it at home. She still had the fluoride treatment to go and I figured that was more important. I was warned that she wouldn't like it. Kayla had picked bubble gum flavor. How is it that kids are drawn to that bubble gum flavor? She's never had bubble gum or anything else that was flavored that way. Guess it's just a kid thing. I personally can't stand it. Anyway, I tried to put it on her teeth, but wasn't having much success holding her down and doing it. We thought she might be more willing to have it done if I was the one putting it on. On top of that she can't swallow it so the air sucker (I'm sure there is a more professional name for it) was in her mouth too. Finally, we're done. She calms down and we wait to see the dentist. After that experience she flips out when she sees another one of "those chairs," so I ended up holding her and she leaned back onto the dentist's lap. That went over just as well, let me tell you. No cavities, so we are OUT of there. She was able to use 2 tokens to get prizes out of gumball type machines. Y'know, the small kind that babies will try to eat. And speaking of Macy, she did great. She hates being in her stroller if we aren't moving, but Kayla was able to entertain her enough with her antics that I didn't have to worry about her. Macy is now in bed and I'm getting ready to do some schoolwork with Kayla. After lunch Macy has her 15 month check-up. Busy day! Oh, and even if I had remembered to take my camera, there was NO WAY I would have been able to get a picture. We did get one when she was seen at our dentist 6 months ago, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment