Today is Day 17 of our family "sheltering in place." It has definitely been an adjustment, but I think we are all handling it pretty well. Even Marc isn't going completely stir-crazy. I completely understand why we are sheltering in place for medical purposes. I don't discount the importance of it, and we are only leaving the house for groceries or take-out that supports local businesses. However, I do worry about what this is going to do to our economy. To those that are losing their jobs. For those that are skilled laborers depending on clients. This COVID-19 thing is complex, but we are trying to do what we can to help where we can.
So what have we been doing with our time? I've had weekly elementary department meetings. It's always fun to see their faces and figure out ways to make digital learning easier and smoother for us all.
We were hoping our printer would last us through the end of the school year, but with the extra printing that comes along with digital learning we decided to go ahead and order a new one. It's amazing how much better this new printer is!
We've taken regular family walks. Brooke decorated Kayla's braid, so we started calling her "weed head."
Macy finished off her skein of yarn in finger weaving. She thought it was best used to tie her sister up.
I wrote some cards to my students.
We ordered a basketball goal. It's not a full size, but it is adjustable to play poolside as well.
The girls pulled out everything they could from the garage to build houses/stores.
Since we are stuck at home Marc decided to order a Home Depot delivery of mulch, pine straw, and retaining wall blocks. We all got out there and finished the mulch and pine straw in a couple of hours. The retaining wall is another story...
Anything to pass the time - including doing each other's hair.
More family walks.
We don't see an end yet to this "shelter in place." Digital learning will continue at least through April 24th. Next week is Spring Break. Our plans to visit friends have been cancelled. We've played and done so much as a family, but school is still taking up a good amount of our day. As much as I am looking forward to Spring Break and being able to take a break from school, I'm a little worried about enjoying our break doing the same things we've been doing in the afternoons and weekends. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can take a drive up to the mountains for different scenery.












No comments:
Post a Comment