This has been a roller-coaster of a few weeks. COVID-19, the coronavirus, has single handedly changed the way our country, and world, is living. This fast spreading virus has led the majority of the US population to practice social distancing. Schools have been shut down across the United States for a minimum of 2 weeks, and there have been talks of some districts not going back at all this school year. Because we do a hybrid private school our learning has not changed much. Well, the academic learning hasn't changed much. We are all trying to figure out how to be completely remote and how to submit assignments. It has been a definite learning curve for me as I try to figure out ways to make my 3rd grade class digital and engaging.
This is our 8th day "social distancing." Marc has been to the store twice (once for us and once for his parents), and I have been once. It is crazy the amount of hoarding some families are doing. Stores are wiped out of toilet paper, soap, clorox wipes, antibacterial gel, and water bottles among other things. We have everything we need except for the elusive chicken. I'm hoping we'll be able to find some in a few more days.
The girls have taken it all very well this week. Some days of school have been longer as the teachers figure out how to do digital school, but I'm hoping the lighter days we had Thursday and Friday will continue. Lighter as in 4ish hours.
The girls made this epic fort in the basement last weekend. They enjoyed sleeping in it that night. On a "school" night. That was quite a treat for them.
For the amount of rainy days we've had this year we've been really thankful for some nice, warm weather this week. The pollen has been high, but the girls have still enjoyed plenty of fresh air and sunshine. That's something we have had very little of so far in 2020. In11 weeks we have had over 20 inches of rain. That's basically double the average in Atlanta.
This coronavirus is doing weird things to everyone. This guy here has even taken to doing puzzles.
Even though it is still too cold, we went ahead and took the cover off of our pool. The girls had fun with the bag that the cover goes in.
We have enjoyed dinner outside.
And Tinker Crate arrived just in time for a morning project. We have taken to spraying down all delivery boxes and keeping them outside overnight.
We've been eating at home all week. I've cooked more than ever I think, and the dishwasher is being run every night. We decided to support local businesses once or twice a week, so dinner tonight will be from a favorite BBQ restaurant down the street. As of now most restaurants have gone to drive thru or take-out only. I can't imagine the stress that these businesses and their employees are going through with the thought of no income.
So for now we keep our social distance. We are doing our part to "flatten the curve." We only leave when necessary. Marc is working from home in the basement and the girls and I are doing school upstairs. We made it a week with little to no battle scars. Spring Break travel has been cancelled for us, and our summer vacation is on hold. I'm determined to enjoy this time with family the best I can.







No comments:
Post a Comment