Monday, April 6, 2020

COVID 19 Continues

This season of life has been crazy, relaxing, frustrating, enjoyable, stressful, calm, and so much more. As of Saturday, April 4th the governor of Georgia has officially mandated a "Shelter in Place" order effective until the 13th. I've been following this protocol since March 11 when I came home from work sick. The girls started staying home Saturday the 13th. This is day 26 for me. I love being home. I love the extra time in our days. I love free evenings to enjoy dinner with my family.  I don't love the extra work I have had as a teacher (although things are definitely getting better). I don't love that my girls are not seeing their friends and out dancing.  I don't love that I have to cook for these people in my life 3 times a day.  But there is no one else I'd rather be stuck with than these people. 

Macy is my thinker. My analyzer. She has a plan thought out for every realistic and unrealistic situation.  Tonight she decided to create a homemade contraption that would automatically fill the dogs water bowl.  I told her these already exist, but she assured me she could save money by creating it herself.  In less than an hour she had identified the problem, made and executed a development plan, and tested it out. Y'all, it worked! She totally made a contraption that would fill the water bowl up when the dog drank it down low enough.  I was so incredibly proud.  Unfortunately the dog wasn't a fan, so it has since been disassembled.

The performance kids had an online class for clogging. I'm so grateful to have this finished space for them to dance.  This has also spurred on their suggestion to finish off the rest of the basement and create a dance studio.

After three long weeks of digital learning and teaching, Spring Break finally arrived.  I spent a good bit of time Friday afternoon sitting right here underneath my new umbrella.  It was basically perfection. We've had so much rain this winter season, but thankfully the weather during this social distancing has been pretty perfect (minus the pollen that is wreaking havoc for Brooke).

We've managed to do some outdoor projects as well.  The girls helped Marc start a retaining wall that will hopefully control the flooding that happens as a result of our land being downhill from other properties.

We planted a small garden, and I'm cautiously optimistic that we won't kill it again this year. Last year we basically ignored our plants and it didn't turn out too well.

 The pool was cleaned and chemically prepped for the year. It is still super cold (65 degrees), but these two just couldn't resist the temptation any longer.
 

Brooke decided to jump in and go for it.  She immediately swam to the edge and got out. 


 Spring Break camping night! The girls convinced Marc to put the tent on the trampoline.  He thought it was a great way to stay away from snakes, but the next morning he wasn't so sure the bouncing every time someone moved was worth it.  Both he and Macy had a morning nap to help recover.

Bonfire with smores is always a favorite.


So now we continue on with our social distancing.  School has been officially cancelled for the remainder of the year - well school as we know it. Digital learning will continue through mid-May. I'm hoping that the corona virus will be behind us by then, and I hope that our country can recover quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment