Saturday, August 24, 2013

It is FINISHED!

After HOURS and HOURS of work, our new kitchen table, bench, and chairs are finally done. I don't think either of us had any idea at how much time this would require, but I think Marc would choose to do it all over again. Just not anytime soon. :) I absolutely love it and they fit perfectly into the breakfast area. They aren't perfect. There are areas that didn't take the stain as well, areas you can see some of the glue that came through, and a few other little imperfections, but I love those spots.  Our table was made by my husband.  It was completely crafted with his hands and the girls and I helped out sometimes. There is nothing that can be bought in a store to compare to something made with so much love. Our children will grow up around this table.  Quiet times with the Lord will be done at this table. Schoolwork will be worked on here.  Many discussions will take place in these chairs. I can't think of a more perfect addition to our home.




No comments:

Post a Comment