Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Start of Some Surprises

Marc and I had some plans up our sleeves.  The kids were on spring break and we wanted to do something fun as a family.  It just so happened that Kayla's birthday was the day our fun started.  She woke up to birthday greetings from the family.  Macy had even woken up early and made her a birthday card. I hadn't asked her to do that.  I'm so glad she loves her sisters so much.

Kayla opened her gifts first thing. Her sisters got her some Little Woodeez toys.  A school room to be exact.  Kayla was thrilled.


Then it was our turn to surprise her.  We gave her a Kindle Fire. To say she was surprised would be an understatement.  And it took all of 10 seconds for Macy to say that is what she wants for her birthday this year. :)
 


We purchased an app that gives them access to tons of books and apps for free.  It is definitely worth the small monthly fee for them to have access to so many books.They are mostly picture books, but Kayla really isn't particular about what she reads.  She just wants to read. I showed them a few things before we hit the road.  We grabbed breakfast at Bojangles and Chick-fil-A so that everyone was happy, and we hit the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment