Yes, another post without pictures. I know I should probably get them off of my camera, and I promise to have some up soon. We are in such a busy season of life that the camera is not always on the top of our priority list.
Over the last months as we have been building our house a lot of thought has gone into the floorplan, contractors, schedules, budget, colors, design, etc. It has been a consuming process that we are honestly both ready to be done with. For me the fun stuff is yet to come as I take the walls and bring them together into our home. A place where our children will grow. A place where memories will be made. More important than all of that is that we have a home that honors God and that puts Him at the center. I will be the first to admit that this is not always the case. Life happens, and if we let it we get sucked into everything that is going on. But Marc and I knew that God has blessed us with this new home and that above all we want to glorify Him with it.
Several weeks ago I sat down with my Bible and a notebook. I began searching out verses that we could write on the walls of our home. We wanted God's Word at the very foundation of the house and while Marc was working late running the electrical wiring I sat down and asked God to show me what He wants us to build on. I had the most amazing couple of hours as I poured through scripture and found verses for every room in our home. God even showed me verses for bathrooms, closets, and the laundry room of all places! Last weekend I spent time writing those verses on the studs of the house. Marc commented to me later that he wished I had done that earlier because it was so nice to walk into a room and see scripture on the walls. After the verses were up Marc led us through the house praying over every single room. It was such a time of refreshment and excitement.
I am thankful for this journey to building our next home. As we were warned, it has been difficult, but we are so incredibly blessed. God keeps showing Himself to us as He reminds us that it's not about us, it's all about Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment