Friday, July 15, 2011

Cancun Part 2

I'm a pool person.  Marc likes the pool and the beach.  I enjoy sitting on the beach, but I am not a big fan of the water.  I know my mom is having to pick her jaw up off of the ground at that statement. :)

We spent one morning hanging out on the beach under a little hut.  I'm sure we would have spent more time here, but the chairs on the beach were a lot less comfortable than the ones by the pools.  We definitely took advantage of the wait staff bringing us drinks.  I know we were in the minority in having drinks with no alcohol, and we only had one bartender question why we wanted our strawberry daiquiri without it.  When I told him we didn't drink he said that was very good and he tried to not drink alcohol before.  We thought that was funny coming from a bartender.


Marc read the paper and a magazine every day.  I think that is more reading for pleasure he has done since... well I don't know if he has ever read that much for pleasure in four days. I finished three books and started a fourth. Pure bliss.

Since we have been to Cancun we opted to stay close to the resort rather than head out on an excursion.  Plus we were only there for 4 nights, so we wanted to just relax. We did take a taxi to Puerto Morelos one afternoon.  It is the closest town to the resort.  It was really tiny, but we were able to get necklaces to bring home for the girls.


Chichen Itza replica in the town square.

About three resorts down is Moon Palace.  We stayed there on our honeymoon.  We didn't realize that we would be that close to where we stayed 10 years ago.  When we were here for our honeymoon Moon Palace was new and it was the only resort on this part of the city.  

I have a few more pictures to post, but it is about time to go meet my new niece!

No comments:

Post a Comment