Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Miss Independent

This morning I told Macy that I was going to put Brooke down for a nap and then I would get her a snack. I was upstairs for about 4 minutes and Macy met me on the stairs as I was coming down. She looked upset and said "I can't do it" in the most pitiful voice. I asked her what she couldn't do and she told me that she couldn't make a peanut butter sandwich. Once in the kitchen I saw that she had gotten out the bread, a knife, 2 jars of peanut butter, and a cookie cutter. None of this surprised me except for the peanut butter. She opened the pantry, pulled a chair over, climbed up, reached to the back, and pulled out both jars. After all that work how could I deny her a sandwich for snack? I made her sandwich, cut it into a flower, and left the crust on her plate. Sure enough, the girl gobbled up the entire sandwich. I guess she was hungry!

2 comments: