Kayla was saved in April. We talked about baptism, but she was afraid of putting her head in the water. Over the summer she spent some time at the pool and has become much more comfortable in it. She decided a couple of weeks ago that she was ready to be baptized. She walked down to the front of the church on Sunday and told the pastor that she wanted to be baptized. I was so proud of her. She was so excited all day and didn't act the least bit nervous.
She wanted to wear her favorite pink shirt. :)
She wanted to wear her favorite pink shirt. :)
Ben Smith baptized her. When he asked her if she had asked Jesus into her heart she said "yes" really loudly. The audience giggled.
Right before she went under she scrunched up her face and drew another laugh from everyone. I just love the little feet in the air.
We kept Macy in church with us so she could see her sister being baptized. She loved seeing her sister on the big screen and at the end called out "that's my Kayla!" Marc said everyone around laughed. I wish we had that on video.
The church photographer took some great pictures too. I'm waiting on those to be emailed to me and then I'll post them. I'm so proud of her and so excited about her decision to follow Christ. It's an amazing experience to watch your child make that decision and then grow as a Christian. We have several children's Bibles that she loves to read at night, but we bought her a regular Bible for her baptism. She was so excited that she had a "big girl Bible with her name on it" and that night we read the first chapter of Genesis. She knows the story well, but I was proud of her for wanting to read it from a Bible with lots of words and no pictures. She is such a blessing and I couldn't be more proud of her. My prayer is that she always has this love for the Lord and wants to learn, follow, and obey Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment