For many years I've been a scrapbooker. I have about 5 ounces of creativity in my body, but what I lack in creativity I make up for in sheer desire to preserve memories. I'm a little obsessed with pictures, videos, and making memories. I know one day I will forget many things about my girls being little. It's already hard for me to remember things about Kayla as a baby, but by looking back through my scrapbooks I am transported back in time. Nine years of marriage and three kids later, I just can't keep up. I used to be on top of things and never got more than a month or two behind. Now, however, I am a year behind in both Kayla's and Macy's books, a month behind in Brooke's, and 2 vacations behind in that album. A few months ago I decided I was just going to scrapbook until the girls were 5 and then quit. Now I've decided that this blog is my new scrapbook. I'll catch up with the pictures I have, I will finish Brooke's first year album, and I will keep doing our vacation and Christmas albums, but other than that, I'm done. It's bittersweet, but it's time.
Here are most of the albums I have completed. There are a few upstairs that are being slowly worked on. S-L-O-W-L-Y...
Here are most of the albums I have completed. There are a few upstairs that are being slowly worked on. S-L-O-W-L-Y...
I'm lucky to have an area that I can leave out. The girls don't mess with it and I can pop in the room if I have a little time - which happens rarely. Believe it or not I just cleaned this up!
I've come a long way since my first album of our engagement, but it's full of wonderful memories of my showers, bachelorette night, the rehearsal dinner, and getting ready for the big day.
I have sweet little hand prints and foot prints of each of my babies. These are Kayla's when she was 1 month old.
Not so fun memories of a car accident that I documented for an album I gave Marc on our 5th wedding anniversary.
Amazing memories of vacations we have been on. I will probably continue my vacation albums since those only happen a few times a year.
I also have a Christmas album that I add to each year that I will continue. This blog is now my scrapbook, so I am hoping to keep it more updated. Of course that does mean that some of the posts will be things that Marc and I want to remember and some of you may not care to read about, but when I look back on the books (I publish my blog once a year so I have a hard copy of it) I will be transported back in time once again. Back to special memories that I want to always hold dear. And thanks to technology I won't have to remember what I was thinking and doing a year ago in order to update it like my scrapbooks.

Check out blurb.com. They can slurp your blog into a book. That might make your life a little easier. I am planning on making one for Kayleigh's first year, but am several months behind on that and she is my only kid=) Loved looking back on pages of your scrapbooks. I was wondering why I was wearing pj's and then I read what you wrote=)
ReplyDelete