We invited a couple of families over for a cook-out and fireworks on the 4th, but found out early on the 3rd that our city was doing the fireworks that night. Why celebrate the 4th of July on the 3rd? Anyway, we wanted to see if our friends could change the cook-out to that night, but it didn't work for the Greggs so we're stretching out our celebration for 2 nights and the girls are super excited to have lots of friends over to play. The Andersons were able to come over and that worked out better since Deidre has to work on the 4th. Our girls LOVE Annie and Ella. You should have seen them rush to clean up the toys before they came over. I asked Deidre if I could borrow her kids more often so that I didn't have to repeat myself 246 times about cleaning up.
Of course the kids wanted another ride in the sled. Mark had the privilege of pulling last night. I think he calculated up about 180 pounds of kids at one time.
The kids loved making ice-cream sundaes. We had caramel, chocolate, whip cream, sprinkles, and even cherries. I think the only thing 3 of them added were sprinkles. Annie made a real sundae out of hers.
Of course the kids wanted another ride in the sled. Mark had the privilege of pulling last night. I think he calculated up about 180 pounds of kids at one time.
The kids loved making ice-cream sundaes. We had caramel, chocolate, whip cream, sprinkles, and even cherries. I think the only thing 3 of them added were sprinkles. Annie made a real sundae out of hers.
We then went and found a spot to watch the fireworks. We ended up right behind some electrical poles and wires, but had a spot with a quick exit. At 10:00 on a Saturday night with young kids that was more important. The girls LOVED playing with the rocks. We have tons of toys that can't entertain them for more than 5 minutes, yet put them in a gravel lot and they could play for an hour.
Brooke's first fireworks. She was so tired, but she did watch them. She didn't even flinch at the noises.

*Slightly disappointed Aww coming* Aww. But only slightly disappointed because we didn't get to hang out with the Andersons but not disappointed because we got to come the next day!
ReplyDeleteYour new pictures are awesome! Have fun with the Blu-ray camera! ; )