Friday, June 4, 2010

My Baby is Growing Up and Hopefully Growing Bigger

We gave Brooke cereal for the first time the other night. She was just shy of 5 months old. I was hoping it would help her sleep a little better, but it really didn't make much of a difference. She is still waking up to eat at least one time at night and a couple of times for her pacifier. On one hand I am completely ready for a good night's sleep, but on the other hand I know she needs it. I don't think I've posted before, but Brooke is too small. She gained 1 pound from two to four months when she should have gained at least 3 pounds. We've worked through some of the issues and I think she is trying to catch up now. She gained half a pound in 2 weeks and we go back next week to see how much she gained in another 2 week time period. I think she might finally be 12lbs. now. At least she is back on the growth curve now - even if she is only at 5%. Hopefully the cereal will help her grow more too.


She was a little tired and cranky when we got started, but she ate it and seemed to enjoy it (in between cranky fits).
She kept leaning forward to get to the spoon and I had to hold her head back so I could get it in her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment