Marc had a business trip right outside of San Diego, CA and I was able to join him thanks to frequent flyer miles. While he was working I spent my day playing around on the Internet, watching television that did not consist of cartoons, and reading a book by the pool. It was fabulous! This was the view off of our patio.

He finished working mid-afternoon so we drove down to San Diego and drove to a state park that overlooked the city. It up a mountain and it was gorgeous! Unfortunately the park closed at 5:00 so we didn't get to stay long. Those park rangers really wanted to get home because they were shooing everyone back to their cars.
He finished working mid-afternoon so we drove down to San Diego and drove to a state park that overlooked the city. It up a mountain and it was gorgeous! Unfortunately the park closed at 5:00 so we didn't get to stay long. Those park rangers really wanted to get home because they were shooing everyone back to their cars.
We drove back down to San Diego the next day and spent some time walking around Balboa Park. The grounds were beautiful. There were many different gardens to walk around and the architecture of the buildings was stunning.
We made a stop at the beach before heading north to Los Angeles. I have never been to the Pacific Ocean and wanted to check it out. I am a Gulf Coast girl - I love the powder white sand. In California it is dark sand and the water was frigid! For the temperatures to still be as warm (I mean HOT) as they were I can't believe the water was that cold! We didn't stay long, but at least I can say I've put my feet in the Pacific Ocean.

Wow...that looks incredible, Steph! I am so glad you guys had some time together. Especially before sweet baby girl joins the fam. :)
ReplyDeleteYour picture at Balboa is beautiful! That was one of the first times I took really good pictures. I was only 17 when Mom and I went there for my senior trip and I hope to go back one day. I'm so glad you had a good time and quiet time to yourself.
ReplyDelete