Monday, October 19, 2009

Los Angeles

After spending a couple of days in San Diego we drove up to Los Angeles. We actually flew in and out of LA for scheduling/pricing reasons. On the way up there we stopped at Downtown Disney and bought the girls a few presents. Unfortunately that put us right in the middle of downtown LA during rush hour at the same time everyone was trying to get to the ball field for a baseball game - some playoff, but I can't keep it all straight. If the Braves aren't playing then I have no idea what is going on. It took forever to get to our hotel. The traffic was worse than Atlanta, but the people (excluding the crazy motorcyclists) were pretty good drivers. None of this jumping lanes just to get one car length ahead. Most cars just stayed in their lane which was very helpful for us.

We took the Sony Pictures Studio Tour. It was really neat to hear the history of the studio, see some of the sets for upcoming movies, and we even hung out at the empty Jeopardy set for a while. I would recommend this tour to anyone who is headed out there.

Of course we had to get a picture of the Hollywood sign.

Rodeo Drive. None of the stores were open when we drove through, not that we could afford anything anyway.

Santa Monica Pier. We took a lovely walk in a park area right off of the beach. This pregnant lady had done enough walking on this trip that I wasn't about to walk down to the water. The distance to walk down to the water from the parking was ridiculous!


Next we drove up to Malibu. We saw some crazy huge houses, but I'm not really sure why this area has such the reputation it does. Maybe if we had driven more of the 22 miles of Malibu we would have seen something more spectacular. See all of those little dots in the water? Those are all surfers. I'm not sure how long they have to wait to get a wave.

We have so many more pictures of the things we saw and did, but since I'm a single parent for a few days this will have to suffice. Our flight arrived around 8:30 on Saturday night and Marc was back at the airport for a 5:00 flight Sunday evening. This time he is headed to the Miami area. I'm not sure what he'll do with these cold temperatures when he gets back!

No comments:

Post a Comment