Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dance Class

Last summer I was debating if I should put Kayla in a dance class or not. I decided to wait another year. Well in September she started talking about wanting to take ballet. I never talked to her about it, but I assume she saw some girls at school that were taking dance classes there at the church. Most dance studios run on a school calendar and it is too late to enroll in September. Well about a month ago I saw an advertisement on a van for a dance studio so I checked them out online. Would you believe that they run 3 sessions a year so you can join any time? We went today for a trial class before committing to it. Here is Kayla in the car before we went in. Does she look a little excited?

I had gone in with Kayla last night to see what the studio was like and to inquire about classes. We decided to go back today for the trial class. I was talking to Marc about it and since I was pretty sure she'd like it we decided to go ahead and buy a leotard. I didn't want her to feel strange being the only one not in ballet attire (they had shoes we could borrow for today). So Kayla's wonderful Daddy offered (ON HIS OWN) to stop by the dance store near our house and see if he could find one. There was no way Kayla and I could get before they closed so Marc found this adorable leotard with little bows on the shoulders. He gets extra brownie points for this one! He said he walked in (with Macy) and told the employee that he grew up with all boys and now has only girls and he needed to buy a leotard - whatever that was. I thought that was pretty funny.

This is the best I could do for a picture of the class. It is through one of those one way mirror/window things and it was quite tinted. The girls read a story, got in a costume, then tip-toed around picking up strawberries for their basket. She had a great time so I signed her up for the last session. Now I've got to find some ballet and tap shoes. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!! She's SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Payless sells ballet and tap shoes. That's where I get Hailey's from.

    ReplyDelete