Friday, April 30, 2021

We Have a Driver!

 Kayla passed her driving test this week. Driver's test covid style is much different.  I had to stay in the car with her, but I couldn't talk.  She basically had to back up straight for 30 feet, do a U-turn, parallel park, and back into a parking space.  That was it. She was able to watch 2 other drivers before her, and she felt confident going in. She did great!

 
Brooke was watching from the pantry waiting for us to come home.
Then she moved to the dining room.
A couple of days later Marc and I had a date night with friends, so we let Kayla take the girls out to dinner and ice-cream.  We gave her exact instructions on how she was to get around.  We wanted her to avoid certain roads her first time out on her own.
 
There is no shortage of drama from these two.

We tracked the girls the whole time to make sure they got everywhere safely.  I'm sure the nerves will settle down one day. Maybe...
Kayla took her sisters to clogging the next week.  You can see that the drama is still there, and Marc and I still tracked her the whole way there and back home, but she is loving the freedom.  (And I'm loving the extra free time.)


No comments:

Post a Comment