Sunday, April 11, 2021

Sweet 16

The one who made me a mama is now sixteen.  That blows my mind, but I am so enjoying this young lady.  She is a blessing to me in so many ways. 



Macy thought it was pretty funny that she gave her a rock as part of her gift.  These two have quite the bond, and sometimes I just don't understand it. ha!


Of course Newk's was the lunch choice.  It's definitely her favorite casual restaurant.

She got her car a couple of months ago, but Marc and the girls had to decorate it up to celebrate her on her birthday.


And of course when you are 16 and have a new car you get car accessories as gifts.

Grilled chicken and fresh vegetables will always be her favorite home-cooked meal. 

We had a couple of gifts shipped to my mom's house because of timing on when they would arrive.  She thought this box was something we ordered, so she wrapped it and brought it.  No one seemed to have any idea what was inside, so it was a surprise to all of us.  Kayla opened it to find a luggage rack that Nini had bought for her brother. We all got a good laugh out of that one.






Kayla, 

You are truly a delight. You are smart, thoughtful, and have such a sweet spirit. Your sisters adore you, and while you can push their buttons with ease, I know you love them deeply.  You are fiercely loyal to those you love. You are always willing to help me out.  You often see a need and you just take care of it.  Dishes get removed from the table, leftovers get put away, and laundry on the couch magically gets folded. I cherish the time I have with you.

Love forever, 

Mama

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3









No comments:

Post a Comment