It is always such fun to look back at old pictures of my girls, especially around their birthdays. I have forgotten so much of the day to day life when they were little, but I am so thankful for the memories that are recalled through photographs. Eleven years of snapping pictures of my first baby. It hardly seems real.
Gone are the pudgy cheeks, rolls, and bangs.

But I have welcomed each year as you have grown into the lovely young lady that you are
becoming. You fill our days with sunshine, smiles, deep thinking (most of the time), and mispronounced words. ;)


After trying ballet, tap, tumbling, and sewing you have finally found your passion - clogging. You are always clogging in stores and around the house. I'm happy to see that you have found something you love. You did also manage to get your mother's love of traveling. I'm not sure we will ever top your 10th year in that area. After all, Mexico and Australia are not common vacations!


Kayla,
It is so hard to believe that you are 11 years old. You have found an amazing group of friends at school and at church. You are kind, thoughtful, and loyal. Every morning I am greeted with a smile, even if it does take you a few minutes to wake up on school mornings. Planning and organizing are just a few of your strengths. When it comes to school you are becoming very independent which is such a blessing to our homeschool days.
In your spare time I can almost always find you with a book in your hand or a plan being made. Sometimes I wonder if you will ever start playing because you spend so much time planning! You love your sisters fiercely, and you are a great big cousin too.
You love reading the Bible and journaling about what you are learning. You have memorized quite a few verses this year and you challenge me in that area. I am so thankful that you have chosen to follow Christ and that you are cultivating that relationship at an early age.
I am blessed to be your mama and I'm thankful for each day that I get to watch you grow into a beautiful young lady.
I love you always and forever,
Mama


No comments:
Post a Comment