Friday, February 19, 2016

Disney Vacation Day 5: Magic Kingdom

Saturday was our last day at Disney and we had yet to meet Anna and Elsa.  Fast Passes had all been taken weeks ago and the wait was usually an hour or longer at any time during the day. All of these factors led to Operation Frozen. We were up early and at the gates before the park opened. I had no idea that there was a little welcome show with dancers and the train arrival with Mickey and some other Disney friends.  They actually opened the gates about 15 minutes early and we were towards the front of the crowd walking in.  There is a guide rope you can't cross and a certain path you have to walk. It was a fun little surprise for our early morning venture.  Then to top it off we were FIRST in line. I barely had time to take coats off the girls and get autograph cards out. By the time we walked out there was probably a 20 minute wait already.




Mesmerized.
 



Then because everyone was in line for Anna and Elsa we ended up being first in line to meet Rapunzel too. By 8:15 we were done and spent the remainder of the morning riding rides with very little wait. It turned out to be a perfect morning with my family. 




 As the day went on the skies grew darker, but that didn't stop us from having a good time.







 The storm was starting to roll in just as we were heading to lunch at Chef Mickeys. The girls had fun riding the monorail over there and then back to the park. 
 



There was a group request to ride Space Mountain one more time before we left. The girls and I had never ridden it before Tuesday and they were eager to ride it again.  Brooke hated roller coasters at Dollywood. She has ridden several and unless it was a little kid one she wanted nothing to do with it. She had tried several times and hated them. While she was big enough for this one I told her it was a fast roller coaster, in the dark, and she had to sit by herself. No thank you. She was not about to ride this one. Well as the week went out she began to LOVE roller coasters. As we were heading for this one she decided she was going to ride it. I made sure she remembered what it was like, but she was positive she wanted to go. 

And she LOVED it and said that it was one of her favorite rides in the park. I'm so proud of her!

This is how we ended the evening. Please ignore my rolled up pants. I didn't feel like walking around in wet jeans the rest of the night. We didn't stay late since we were headed to an early breakfast before making the trek home. It was an amazing vacation and I am so thankful for the opportunity we had to spend time with family. Not that it was a relaxing trip, and I really do need another vacation to recuperate, but I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment