Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Day

We had a lovely Christmas Day. It started with a laid back morning with my favorite people in the world and we ended the day at my mom's house. Brooke wanted to get her daddy this container of M&M's and she was so excited when it was finally time for him to unwrap it.

Books are always a huge hit.  I think this girl got 7-8 books for Christmas and she had finished all of them before school started back. Now she is going through withdrawal....



Oh how they love each other... most of the time. :)


Kayla traded out her old Pottery Barn chair for this more grown up one. It is so soft and comfortable that I may steal it.

This was a Little Live Pets and Shopkins kind of Christmas.

The girls also got new headphones for Christmas which they didn't think anything about.  We had an old portable DVD set up in the car and they have been using their earbuds.  But when we left to go to my mom's house they found out the reason they received those headphones. Fun surprises!
 

 

 

And in no time at all this is what my mom's living room floor looked like. 10 people make a lot of trash. ha!

The big hit of the day were the bow and arrows that all of the girls got. They have had fun shooting these off.

 The rest of Marc's family didn't arrive until the 27th so we celebrated Christmas then as well. The girls always have such a good time when they get together with their cousins.



And we finished up the family time with a friendly round of laser tag. I'll have to admit that I have never played laser tag before. I'm terrified of being chased. Marc learned very early on not to come up quickly behind me on the stairs. It wasn't good for either of us. I'm not sure if something traumatized me early in my life, but I hate it.  So I've had no desire what-so-ever to play in a dark room where people are running around trying to shoot me with laser beams. But, it's amazing what a mama will do for her babies. And I have to say, we had a good time.
Doesn't it look like Marc has his gun pointed at my head? hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment