Wednesday morning turned out to be a more dreary day than we had seen so far, but a bright spot was that Marc didn't have to go into work until around lunch time. Since Sydney Olympic Park was out towards where he was working the girls and I grabbed the morning train with him and we headed east about 30 minutes to the suburbs.
Olympic Stadium
In doing some research for the trip I ran across a few scavenger hunts for kids to do in the area. The first one was a little easier (once we downloaded a compass to Marc's phone). The girls enjoyed this one even though the rose garden wasn't in bloom in the winter.
The Discobolus commemorates the discus event at the Olympics, and it is 7 meters wide. Our hunt ended here with a secret message to decode from the clues we answered along the way.
Olympic Cauldron
The park where the cauldron is located has been named Cathy Freeman Park. She was a sprinter and this path here shows the length of her strides. Macy's left foot is on one spot and the next spot is that circle several feet ahead of her right foot.
Another fun playground with new pieces of equipment to figure out.
Some sort of modern art sculpture represented 8 female Olympic athletes.
Searching out the answer to another clue on the scavenger hunt.
The Olympic Torch
The girls and I found our way back to the hotel with no problems. These girls really found out what it was like to rush to grab a bus or train before you were left behind. I think I mentioned it before, but they were so amazing about all of the walking around we did. There was rarely a complaint and we walked MILES every day... usually at least 7 miles. I am so proud of these little ladies!
















No comments:
Post a Comment