Saturday, August 1, 2015

Australia Day 4

The weekend fun came to an end and Monday rolled back around again.  Marc was off to work for the day so the girls and I decided to go to the SeaLife Aquarium.  The reviews were so great about this place, but I have to say, living in Georgia and having access to our aquarium made this one a major let down. We did see some cool marine life, but I don't think I'll complain about how expensive the Georgia Aquarium is anymore. 

The first stop was the duck billed platypus. I took maybe 20 pictures of this guy but it was SO fast this is the best picture I have.



 We saw several albino animals at the Wildlife Center, but I wasn't expecting to see an albino fish.

More cute penguins




A dugong (similar to a manatee).  Not the most flattering picture...

At the end of the visit there is a center for the kids to color underwater creatures or this submarine. You then scan the picture and it projected on this big wall.  The fish and everything look like their are really moving around.  It was pretty neat and I had to take a picture of the girls next to their creations.

The pictures aren't that great because of the quick movement, but Kayla's was the yellow striped fish.

Macy colored the submarine.

I overhead an aquarium worker say that you had to be careful around these guys because they will dice you up. Yikes!


Of course she put it on.

After the aquarium we headed back to the playground the girls had been eying ever since they first walked by it. 






The zip-line was the favorite activity for everyone, including Mom and Dad. :)



Playgrounds in Australia have a lot of the same things we have here in America, but there were a few interesting pieces of equipment.  Thankfully we had another local girl show us how this thing really works.

There was a fun water area that the kids loved too.  Here is a water wheel that picked up water from the bottom and dumped it in the channels coming out of the sides.

This screw also picked up water from the bottom and transferred it up the screw until it dumped out at the top.
 

We grabbed some gelato after the playground and I was reunited with my yummy strawberry and white chocolate dessert. We enjoyed eating it while overlooking the harbor before we headed back to the room to rest.  Dinner at Eat Love Pizza was yummy, but expensive - $22 for a thin crust 12" pepperoni pizza! The next day we walked more than any other day on the entire trip, so a good night's sleep was much appreciated once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment