On Christmas Eve we had our annual Christmas Eve Brunch with about 23 people this year. It's a lot of work, but it's something our family loves doing. I think it's a tradition that will last a long time. And the benefit of just having to heat up a yummy Christmas breakfast is great too. After brunch we had about 20 minutes to change for church service, so that was a little crazy, but we enjoyed the afternoon. Brooke even took a little nap in my arms. That may possibly be the last time that happens so I was sure to soak in every minute of it.
After service we headed to my mom's for our usual seafood gumbo meal with my side of the family. By the time we rolled into bed we were all exhausted and I think the kids all slept past 8:00 on Christmas morning.
This was the first time in 4 years we've been at home all of Christmas day. Grandparents popped in for a bit, but the girls stayed in their pajamas all day. Perfection.
Kayla sewed everyone a pillowcase for Christmas. She picked out the fabrics and did all of the work. She is loving her new hobby.
And she was very surprised to receive her own sewing machine.
I love the sweet gift shopping and exchanging between the girls. They are so thoughtful.
Karaoke time!
The girls and I got Marc a foosball table. That's been a lot of fun and the girls are getting pretty good at it.
And we ended the day with a yummy, warm dinner. Nothing fancy, but this ham and potato casserole is simple and hits the spot.
We had a wonderful, relaxing day celebrating Jesus. I am so thankful for Him, my family, and our home. Blessed indeed.
















No comments:
Post a Comment