We had a great weekend celebrating our country and our freedom. I've always loved celebrating Independence Day, but I think the years I taught early American history gave me a greater love for our country. The freedoms we have were fought for. Fought hard. It's so hard to see so many of these freedoms challenged these days. We are living in a different time and I doubt that things will ever get better. But we will celebrate as John Adams said we should:
"It ought
to be celebrated by pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns,
bells, bonfires, and illuminations from one end of this continent to the
other..."
We were able to celebrate with most of our family this year.
It warms my heart to see this girl bringing books along to read.
Some sleepy girls on the ride home. Poor Macy. Her head fell down even a little further when I opened the door to get her out.








No comments:
Post a Comment