Friday, April 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Kayla!

Happy 9th birthday Kayla! NINE! Last year in single digits. How is this even possible??




You are growing into such a beautiful young lady.  We love watching you grow and change, but sometimes it's hard to see you starting to leave some of your childhood behind and enter into new territory. Toys are slowly making their way out of your room as your interest has moved away from them. Instead your nightstand is full of grand plans you have written and multiple books you are reading.  You definitely got your love of reading from me, but I still don't understand how you can read several books at one time.  You seem to enjoy having more than one book going at a time.  And I can't keep up with you! You will finish a book in a day and re-read books 4-5 times.




Some of your favorites:
food: vegetables (corn, green beans, peas of all varieties, lima beans)
mashed potatoes
macaroni and cheese
school subject: reading and writing
things to do: read, rainbow loom, play games
movie: Frozen
song: anything you know the words to, you love to sing
things to wear: dresses







Kayla, 

I am so proud to call you my daughter.  You are such a blessing to me in so many ways.  You are beautiful, smart, kind, quiet, and compassionate.  You love to memorize Bible verses and talk about God.  I love teaching you things that He has shown us in His Word. And I love it when you teach me something new that you learned at church.  As hard as it is to believe that you are nine years old and that I am "halfway" done raising you, I so enjoy the things we are able to do together now that you are older.  Today I have loved talking through your narrative writing with you.  I love to see how your brain works, to be able to guide you, and to see your eyes light up with understanding and new ideas.  That was probably the highlight of my day today.  I love homeschooling you and I love this time we are together. I love how you come up with ideas and projects to do.  The other day you mentioned using the tomatoes we are going to grow to make homemade ketchup. I can't wait to work with you as you tackle this project. I cherish these little things. I am so excited to see what this year holds for you. I am thankful for you my sweet daughter!

Love,
Momma




No comments:

Post a Comment