Saturday, February 2, 2013

What a Month!

The last blog post left off with Brooke's third birthday at the beginning of the month.  Two days later we started a roller-coaster of a month. I am really hoping February has more pleasant things in store for our family.

I mentioned that we took the girls to the Home Depot building time on Brooke's birthday, but I never did post a picture.  This was Brooke's first time so she now has her very own orange apron.

Two days after Brooke's birthday Macy and I woke up sick. Later that morning Marc and Brooke followed. He went to the doctor and tested positive for the flu, so we made an appointment for Brooke later that day and she too tested positive. The next morning Kayla woke up with a fever, so although we didn't all get tested, we knew we all had it. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  For me it was mostly intense congestion. When I took a tamiflu I felt so much worse, so I opted to fight through it on my own.  After all I did have 4 other people depending on me. Marc was hit the worst, and Brooke was in pretty rough shape for a day.  Other than that we were all mostly just feeling tired and icky. We spent the week being lazy and recovering.  And I won't lie, it was kind of nice to watch movies, not cook, and snuggle with my babies. I am just so thankful that it was mild case of it for the girls.

Since we moved and no longer live on a cul-de-sac we haven't taken the girls out on their bikes in quite a while.  They have been riding them in the basement, but I decided that we needed to get Kayla's training wheels off.  I know we would have done it a long time ago if they rode bikes more often, but I didn't want to wait any longer.  She was a little nervous, but she did great! We just need to build up those leg muscles some so she can get started when the road goes uphill. 


 
While Kayla and Daddy worked on the bike riding skills the girls and I played at the playground. Chester was visiting from kindergarten this week and got a special seat on Macy's bike.




 

The girls had special days at school last week.  Macy had cowgirl day. They dressed up, ate hotdogs for lunch, and did other fun cowgirl types of things.



Kayla had her Ben Franklin presentation.  When Mrs. Foster told the students to pick a famous American to research I knew she would choose Ben Franklin.  She is related to him on her dad's side and she thinks that is so cool. So do I actually. :)

And to finish the month out I had my gall bladder removed. The recovery is going better than I anticipated, but I also tend to prepare for the worst. For me it's better to prepare for the worst and have things be better than to prepare for the best and have things go downhill. I am still taking it super easy and the girls have spent time at their grandparents' homes.  Between that and the meals that my Sunday School class has been providing I am able to take it easy and am recovering well.  The girls picked out some flowers for me (and one of these days I will remember to get the tall vase out for tulips).

No comments:

Post a Comment