My Little Brooke Nichole,
Three years ago today I had no idea my life was about to change once again. You surprised us with an early arrival, and you are still keeping us on our toes! I can vividly remember January 5, 2010, and yet here I sit, three years later, preparing to wish you a happy birthday. Time erases many memories, but the day you joined our family will never be forgotten.
You are such a verbal little girl. You talk all the time! I guess you had to pick up on that pretty quickly in order to keep up with your sisters. And keeping up with your sisters is something you try very hard to do. You don't want to be left out at all!
You are a very picky eater. You are starting to do better with eating chicken, but the only vegetable you will eat is carrots. You would eat pizza, pasta, and fruit at every meal if I let you. As much as you love your noodles, your favorite thing to eat is candy. Oh my! I have caught you sneaking candy out of the candy bowl, and sometimes you even wake up asking for candy for breakfast. For now the candy is up in the pantry where you can't reach it.
Here are a few of your favorites:
food: pasta
color: pink
clothing: "boot jeans"
teacher: Mrs. Melanie
books: anything with flaps
song: Where I Belong by Building 429
TV show: Bubble Guppies
princess: Ariel
movie: Tangled
chapstick
bandaids
playing on our phones
coke
Some of your not so favorites:
being wet (other than bath/pool time)
wearing coats
socks
being dirty
being told no
Funny words and sayings:
Gu-Guppies - Bubble Guppies
Don't laugh at me!
It's not funny!
Because I want to.
Chick-a-flay
Straw-blah-bees (strawberries)
Chick-a-flay
Straw-blah-bees (strawberries)
Brooke, you have added so much to our lives. You are a sweet and spunky little girl. You know what you want and when you want it. I pray that I can help channel that determination into something that glorifies God. I can only imagine what He can do with someone like you. You are such an independent little girl, but you still love your Mommy. You gave me the privilege of rocking you to sleep tonight. It has been months since I have done that. I loved studying your profile as you slept and praying over you. You definitely keep me on my toes, little one, but I wouldn't trade that for a thing. I am so thankful for what you add to our family of five.
Love,
Mommy




















No comments:
Post a Comment