Thursday, January 10, 2013

Brooke's 3rd Birthday Party

We had a lovely day celebrating our little girl.  We went to Home Depot for the monthly building project, took her to Brooklyn Joe's for lunch, and made a stop by Brain Freeze for her favorite dessert. After her nap I took her to get her nails painted at the salon for the first time. Then it was time for her party!
 
 We all loved the cake that Mrs. Deidre made!
 




Uncle Chris and Aunt Amanda decided to stay in town an extra day so they could join in the festivities.  Uncle Chris wore those kids out! 

Several months ago Brooke asked if she could have some gum. I told her she could have some when she was three.  You know, the trick of putting it off. Well a couple months after that she asked again, when I once again told her she had to wait until she was three she said, "okay, on January 5 I have gum."  That little stinker is a smart one! We tried to let the issue drop, but she did remember on her birthday.  So we had the talk about chewing it, but that it had to be spit out in the garbage when she was done.  So she chewed it and swallowed it. She enjoyed her gum and we'll try again in a few months - if she asks again.


Happy Birthday little Brooke! We had a great day celebrating with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment