Saturday, September 17, 2011

Moving

Well, tonight will be our second night in our new home.  It has been a LONG weekend, and it's only Saturday night! Throughout the process of having our house on the market and preparing for showings, our prayer has always been for God to sell our house in His timing.  We knew that there was no point in stressing over selling our house (even when cleaning the house for a showing with 3 kids around got stressful), because ultimately God would bring the perfect buyers to our house.  We know that this has been His perfect timing, but boy did He have a smile on his face when He did it.  Not only have we packed and moved, but we went to a Braves game last night (tickets were bought before we sold our house), and we participated in the neighborhood garage sale today. The girls have been such troupers throughout the process, and I am thankful for grandparents that have helped out so much keeping girls so that they could have some fun this weekend.

One morning last week while Kayla was at school I brought the other two over to the townhouse while I unloaded some boxes. They had a nice little setup with the television and even enjoyed a snack out on the deck.  I think we are really going to enjoy the deck this fall, even if the neighbors are right there next to you.


And tomorrow's project will be tackling this mess.  Upstairs is in pretty good shape.  Setting the girls' rooms up was our priority.  I think we are going to take a little break tomorrow afternoon and relax and enjoy some family time.  The past few days have had us back and forth, loading and unloading. 


And to think, after we get settled in we get to do it again in the spring, Lord willing, when our new home is finished being built!

No comments:

Post a Comment