Friday, April 22, 2011

Sleeping Baby

Brooke is the most amazing sleeper.  I remember a time when I thought the child would never put herself to sleep and sleep through the night, but at 15 months old she is great.  When it is nap time or bedtime I love on her a little and put her in bed.  She wants 2 pacifiers (1 for her mouth and 1 for her hand) and her lovey bear.  She may roll around and play for a bit, but she always goes to sleep.  When she wakes up she just plays around in her bed until we get her.  She very rarely calls out or cries.  One morning a couple of months ago she woke up crying.  I should have known that something wasn't right.  On the way home from dropping the girls off at school she threw up. Can we say gross? I still had a 15 minute drive ahead of me and no wipes in the car. Anyway, I am glad that we have a video monitor set up in her room or I'd never know when she was awake.  She loves to fall asleep on her tummy with her legs tucked under her and her little bottom in the air.  Often she will flip to her back or side, drape her arm across her eyes, and stick her feet out of the crib.  Sometimes her feet are above the bumper and sometimes they are sticking out below. I love going in while she is asleep and kissing those sweet (and sometimes stinky) little toes. I know those feet are only going to get bigger and stinkier, so I will take advantage of this while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment