Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Kayla!

Kayla celebrated her 6th birthday today.  This was the first year that we didn't have a family day because she was in school.  Marc still took the day off and we had lunch with Kayla and brought her a cookie cake to share with her friends. 

When I asked her what she wanted for dinner I told her we could go to a restaurant or I would cook whatever she wanted.  Her request was chicken nuggets (I made some breaded chicken breasts - healthier option), pasta with parmesan cheese, and peas.  I surprised her with our new favorite homemade bread - garlic poppers.   After dinner she opened her presents from the family and she got a new bike! She has really outgrown her old one, and while this one is still a little big for her, it is much better than her old one.

She spent some time playing outside while my mom so graciously helped me clean up the mess I made in the kitchen.

And before long she was ready for some cake! When she came home from school I had 7 baked cakes on the dining room table and I had to tell her that none were for her.  Ha! I needed them for my science class the next day, but I did save some batter and made a couple of cupcakes.  With leftover birthday cake from the party and leftover cookie cake from her class we had enough cakes.  She was quite pleased with her little pink frosted cupcake.

Kayla, 
You have grown into such an amazing little girl.  You are loving, kind, sensitive, helpful, and you love Jesus.  I am so blessed to be able to call you my daughter.  I love you so much and I am excited to see what this next year of your life has in store for you and our family.
Love, 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment